Answer: Physical Therapy is the treatment of an injury or pain through physical means.  The APTA describes physical therapy as "the science of healing and the art of caring." read more here...

Answer: Occupational Therapy is a skilled treatment program that helps patients continue or return to daily activities.  read more here...

Answer: Physical Therapists are required by the state to graduate with a master's degree in physical therapy from an accredited physical therapist education program.  In addition, all states require physical therapists to pass a national and state licensure exam before they can practice. Most states (like New Mexico)  also require Physical Therapists to take a certain number of continuing education classes each year to keep their licensure.

Answer: Occupational Therapists must earn a master's degree in Occupational Therapy, and complete a national and state exam.  They serve an internship under a licensed Occupational Therapist before graduating.  The State of New Mexico also requires Occupational Therapists to take a certain number of continuing education classes each year to maintain their license. 
read more here...

Answer: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants have earned an associate's degree and work under the Occupational Therapist to provide care to patients.   
read more here...

Answer: Most insurance companies will cover occupational therapy sessions.  However, it is up to the patient to read their individual policies to find out how much coverage they are offered, and if a co-pay or deductible will affect how much the individual is responsible for.
Question: What is Physical Therapy?

Question: What is Occupational Therapy?

Question: What training do Physical Therapists have?

Question: What training do Occupational Therapists have?

Question: What is a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant?

Question: Will my insurance cover therapy?